|PortaDyne-Lite - The Value Proposition|
|Consider the following comparisons between a traditional, wired light standard and a PortaDyne-Lite|
over a conservative lifespan of 20 years.
Just as an iceberg is 90% underwater, equally, most of the cost of a light standard is 'out of sight' - underground. Please consider the all the costs of supplying power to a traditional lamppost - NONE of those costs apply to a PortaDyne-Lite
You'll find that the Cost of Ownership of a PortaDyne-Lite
|To see how much less expensive a PortaDyne-Lite is compared to a 'wired' lamp you might install, please CLICK HERE . We will gather the information we need to do a proper comparison between a PortaDyne-Lite and an ordinary lamp, and get back to you with actual dollar figures.||***|
|Initial Price||Somewhat lower 2||Somewhat higher 1|
|Installation Cost 3||Somewhat Higher||Somewhat Lower|
|Wiring Cost 4||could exceed the cost of the entire fixture 5||$0||MUCH less expensive 5|
|20 years of electrical invoices||electricity can cost almost as much as the fixture 6||$0||MUCH less expensive|
|repair/replace wiring ( once a decade )||double the cost of the original wiring||$0||MUCH less expensive|
|maintenance ( lamps, batteries, etc )||lamps, reflectors||lamps, batteries|
|20 years INCOME from Carbon Credits||$0||Actual INCOME||Income instead of Expense|
|"Green" tax and other incentives||$0||will vary by jurisdiction||Income instead of Expense|
|CCA Benefit 7||Standard tax deductions apply||Aggressive Renewable Tax incentives apply||Higher tax savings therefore much less expensive|
|NET RESULT COMPARISON||High installation, and high cost of ownership||Much lower installation, lower cost of ownership||Typically the PortaDyne-Lite|
costs only about 2/3 as much as a conventional "wired" installation
|reduction in Greenhouse Gasses||0||20 Tonnes||protects the environment|
|Corporate Social Responsibility value||nil||priceless publicity and public relations||shows you care|
|Reliability||goes out with the grid||Uninterruptable||Lighting and Security are always ON|
1. See your local PortaDyne-Lite representative ( or CLICK HERE ) for actual pricing comparisons.
2. Estimated price of a comparably attractive "architectural" light fixture
3.Installation consists of boring a 4-foot deep hole and filling with concrete or attaching to an existing solid deck.
4.Wiring traditional lighs consists of attachment to supply, exiting structural walls, trenching, concrete cutting, cost of cable conductor, trench backfilling and re-paving and/or re-landscaping. In total this often exceeds $75 per foot.
5. Wiring cost shown is CONSERVATIVE. Considering the cost-per-foot of excavation, concrete cutting & repair, and underground cable plus the landscaping 'repairs' after the installation - the total wiring cost could exceed the cost of a PortaDyne-Lite
6. Electrical costs based on today's electricity rates, not including : interest, annual inflation, expected increases or unexpected decreases in energy costs, or the "future" of the dollar ( cost of money ) over 20 years. Actual energy costs may be greater.
7. Based on an interpretation of the Canadian Federal Corporate Tax Act, sections 43.1 and 43.2
*** - documents above are in the form of an interactive .PDF - that is, you can complete it right on your computer and email back to us with one click. Alternatively, you can print it out, complete it, and fax/mail us the completed hard copy. You will need a current version of Adobe Reader which can be downloaded free from the link on the right.